What is Kati Basti?
Kati Basti is a special type of low back therapy or lumbar therapy. The word Kati stands for low back or waist and Basti (Vasti), for containing or retaining something inside. Kati Basti is an Ayurvedic lumbo-sacral rejuvenation therapy using hot oil or herbal decoctions. One can achieve both local oleation and sudation by this procedure.
What are the benefits of Kati Basti?
- Pacifies Vata Dosha
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Deeply purifies and improves blood circulation around lumbosacral area
- Removes rigidity and spasm of muscles around lumbosacral region
- Nourishes and strengthens the bones, connective tissues, ligaments, nerves, muscles of the lumbo - sacral region
- Lubricates the joints
What is Kati Basti used to treat?
- Chronic Backache
- Degenerative spine changes
- Compressed discs and spinal nerves
- Disc prolapse
- Osteoarthritis of the hip
- Rheumatic arthritis